Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back for the Future!













A
s most of you know, I have participated in 2 life-changing mission trips to Zambia, Africa. I want to sincerely thank for your generous support and encouragement in helping me help these desperate people in need.

In the spirit of continuing what I now feel is part of who I am, I am pleased to announce my return to the Lazarus Project.

Three weeks ago this seemed like an impossibility. True testament (again!) that God can tear down walls and remove barriers when we make ourselves available to serve Him. The irony is that my daughter Heidi actually initiated this trip but had to decline as her schedule became overwhelming. Kelly Ross became the new leader with seven fellow students from Humber College. Dave Miclash (Alongside Founder) had asked a few times for me to join this team but staffing challenges at work had made it very unlikely that I would be going. He tried once more just before easter and my reply was "Dave, I'm so sorry! I'm not saying absolutely no but it's 95% that I will not be joining you although you know where my heart is." Well, with that last statement, a spark had once again ignited my compassion and things became very clear. What is life if we don't follow our heart!



Elaine Joins the Team!

During this time of big decisions I had asked Elaine to join me, fully expecting that she would not leave the children for two weeks. I was shocked when she didn't reply right away. I saw a unique smile on her face and asked if she would actually consider coming. To my amazement she rationalized the possibility and together we decided that this was the right decision for both of us. I am so excited to share this experience with my life partner and soulmate. Thank you God!

Our task for 2006 will be multi-faceted. We hope to complete the dining hall that we started last May, conduct a medical outreach to the street children, and we will also be spending 2 days and nights in a rural village to put up a 6-beam, large roof that will be used as a school and church. (there is currently no such structure)


If you wish to help, please consider providing funding for building materials. The recent changes to the exchange rate of Zambian currency has affected the impact we can have. All donations over $20. will recieve a charitable tax receipt. Please make cheques payable to Partners International and mail to: 38 Captain Rolph Blvd., Markham ON L3P2P8

Every trip has it's own unique team and more importantly, genuine interaction with the people of Zambia. I know we will see miracles before our eyes.
Thank you for your interest!

Please pray for our safety and positive impact to these people in need!

For More Information Call Randy @ 905-471-5566